To develop a legacy proposition which could be used as the backbone of all legacy comms for the newly merged charity: encouraging supporters to leave or enquire about leaving a gift in their Will to Breast Cancer Now.
What we did
- We had in-depth conversations with Breast Cancer Now stakeholders and supporters, from which we developed four proposition areas to test in focus groups and online panels of the charity’s supporters.
- We then refined the legacy proposition that resonated most with supporters’ lives: ensuring that no family has to face a future without the woman they love.
- This proposition has become the creative cornerstone for Breast Cancer Now’s first legacy warm DM pack and subsequent ‘Legacy Enquirer’ DM pack.
- Increase in number of enquires by 24%.
- Legacy messaging is now being used in campaigns run by various other teams.
- We have since developed a toolkit for the charity’s internal and external use, to be used by staff and volunteers as a guidebook on how to talk about gifts in Wills.